Everyone strives to look their absolute best on the red carpet and if you are planning on rocking the crimson foot path at this years TIFF your everyday buff and polish just won’t suffice! It is time to pull out your brushes and paint yourself pretty people! Unlike the celebrities who hit up our annual film extravaganza you may not have the means to purchase the luxury products that adorn their fancy faces or hire a professional makeup artiste to perfect that pout. Take it from me, a beauty specialist and bona-fide product junkie, there are many options out there that won’t break the bank and will leave you looking frugally fabulous! Say good bye to your easy breezy look of summer and welcome fall with perfected skin, bold eyes, big brows and wine drenched lips. Follow my tips below and you may find yourself blinded by the light…of the flash bulbs!
1. Even out your skin tone with a medium coverage foundation that will out last your fancy foot work. Start with a dime size amount of Revlon Color Stay Foundation and blend outwards from the center of your face using a foundation brush.
2. Brighten under your eyes and highlight the bridge of your nose, under your eye brow and the tops of your cheekbones using Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer.
3. Give your complexion maximum staying power by setting it with Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. Take a small amount of product onto a small powder brush and press and roll onto the skin of your T zone.
4. With your skin perfectly perfected you may be feeling rather ghostly so warm up the complexion with a matte bronzer such as NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny which you can also apply a tad heavier at the base of your cheekbones to create a contoured effect.
5. Bring some health and wellness to the face by blending L’Oreal True Match Blush (varying shades for different skin tones) on the apples of the cheeks.
6. Bulk up those sad brows with Prestige Brow Building System. The hair like fibers in the tinted gel will work wonders giving you those oh so desired Brooke Shields brows.
7. Define your eyes effortlessly with Cover Girl Smoky Shadow Blast. This 2 sided product gives you 2 expertly paired shades for that bold, spot light ready look! Smudge the lighter of the 2 shades on the lower half of the lid blending up from the lash line, layer to build the desired intensity. Use the darker side to build maximum depth and intensity at the lash line blending the edges of the 2 shades together. I am a huge fan of a colored smoky eyes so give Silver Sky a try.
8. To complete the look and give FULL IMPACT at the roots of the lashes and inner waterline of the eye use Revlon Color Stay Eyeliner, it glides on easily adding drama and definition to your eyes for up to 16 hours.
9. Put the icing on the eye cake with a few coats of Essence I Love Extreme-Volume Mascara. This super cheap, mega volume mascara has extra rich black pigments and a creamy texture allowing for maximum build and stunning lashes!
10. By this time the lips will be begging for some attention! Finish off your Fall fix with a rich shade of lippy! My most favorite drug store find of all time is Wet N Wild Megalast lipsticks. The selection of shades is insane and the color intensity and comfort of wear is mind blowing! The matte finish of these lipsticks will offer a more modern feel and for the fun of it opt for one of the deeper shades.
“It’s eyeshadow and lipstick and sex and mystery and magic and transformation and fun!”